Thursday, June 16, 2011

Money maker scenario at Kroger!!



Ok....This was my stop at Kroger's today.  Here's what I did:

7 - boxes of Kellogg's Rice Krispies
5 - boxes of Kellogg's Crispix
3 - Cottonelle Double Roll toilet paper - 12 rolls (gave one away)

All of these are part of the buy 5, get $5 off - so I automatically got $15 off the total at the end.  I also used $1/3 Kellogg's coupons, along with $.50 on one (which doubled to $1) for the Cottonelle. 

(I also got Cheez-Its for Brooke)

Total spent after coupons: $36.05
Gas cards that I will receive - $25.00
Net total spent: $11.05

Not too bad! - less than $.74 for EACH ITEM!!

I will get - 3 of the $5 gas cards, and one of the $10 gas cards.  If I had been paying attention better, I should have gotten another few boxes of cereal to get another $10.  I will go back tomorrow and buy 5 more boxes.

You have to make sure you get CERTAIN kinds of cereal for the rebate - please look at the previous post.  Also, just because it has the cars logo on it, doesn't mean you will be able to use it for the gas cards.  The toilet paper has a code, but you get different things (can be $10 gift card with 5 codes, or some Cars 2 toys). 


Here's what I would have done had I known that there were different types of codes/rewards:

Buy 20 boxes of Rice Krispies or Crispix ($1.99ea after $5 off 5)
Use 6 $1 on 3
Pay out of pocket: $33.80
Receive - 2 - $10 gas cards, and 5 - $5 gas cards ($45 total)
Net PROFIT - $11.20 after gas cards are received!!

This would be great to donate to a local charity!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment