Sunday, May 29, 2011

For all the newbies.....

If you are new to couponing, here are a few things you need to do to get started. 

  • Get coupons - I buy papers on Sundays, and also use the internet coupons.  There are various sites, but here's a few.  coupons.com, couponnetwork.com, smartsource.com, redplum.com, sa2.me/niagra234.   I clip EVERY coupon, even if I don't use it.  I have been able to donate several items that I got for free by having those coupons.  In addition, you can trade coupons with others in your area, or send them to the military families to use (up to 6 months after expiration date!).
  • After you have coupons, you have to organize them.  I have a "coupon book" that I started.  I am going to post on how to do that tomorrow.  Basically, you set up your own categories and in the order you want them.  I have two books that I use now and take into every store with me.
  • Look at all of the ads every week.  If you watch the ads, you can see what coupons you have or need, to get a great deal.  Every week there are various items you can get for free (hopefully you will find the time to donate some of the items). 
  • Watch this blog and use any other websites/research you can to find the best deals for you. 

If you have any questions, let me know.  Have a great week and good luck with your venture!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment