Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Homemade Laundry Detergent

Take two cups Borax, 2 cups washing soda, and 1 bar of soap...grate the soap fine with like a cheese grater mix together well. This is a double batch, you can find the borax and washing soda at walmart and meijer, use an ivory or similar soap that doesn't have color to it. You use about a table spoon and a half in each load. Works great, lasts forever, and is Super cheap!! My son Ryan has super sensitive skin. I bought an ivory bar soap that was for extra-sensitive skin. He has had absolutely NO issues with this soap. Before this, I had to buy only Tide as he would get a rash with anything else. Thanks so much to Beth Hagenbuch for this great money saving tip!!
 
I have been using this for over 6 months now.  I have saved a TON of money.  I have only had to make it twice. (cost me just over $7.00 to buy one box of borax, one box of washing soda, and enough soap to make all that's in the box).  It works great and saves me over $20 per month!! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment